Today's guest blog is from our very own Director of Youth Programs, Amy Lyons. Thank you Amy.
Water Water Everywhere…
I don’t know about you, but sailing and being surrounded by water always makes me thirsty. If you share this sentiment, please read on before you dip your hands into the Charles for a sip… I’ve got a better solution.
CBI wants to put an end to two pervasive problems among our membership – drinking Charles River water, and buying single-use plastic bottles. For your health, and the health of our environment, we’ll be selling reusable aluminum water bottles for the low price of $6 each, as well as installing a new water fountain with a better filtration system. Cool, refreshing, filtered water… aaaaaahhhh.
Did you know:
- Plastic bottles take 700 years to begin composting
- 90% of the cost of bottled water is due to the bottle itself
- 38 million plastic bottles go to the dump per year in America from bottled water
- 24 million gallons of oil are needed to produce a billion plastic bottles
- The average American consumes 167 bottles of water a year
- Bottling and shipping water is the least energy efficient method ever used to supply water
Be the envy of all your friends with a small piece of aluminum that says “I care”.
Best features of these bottles: there’s a spot to write your name, so no one can steal your awesome bottle (believe me, they’ll want to!), and they have a carabiner – attach it to yourself or your boat to keep that cool water coming!
Buying one of these bottles is a no-brainer, however choosing the right color can be difficult. Here are a few notes on what these different colors mean – choose wisely. These bottles also make great gifts, but you’ll want to make sure that you choose the appropriate color for your friends and loved ones.
Handy Color Guide:
- Black is a very powerful color that portrays one of class, elegance and wealth.
- Purple portrays rich powerful kings, leaders, wizards and magicians.
- Green is the color of nature and health. It represents growth, nature, and money.
- Blue has a calming effect; it is a color of loyalty, strength, wisdom and trust.
- Red is a very strong color that evokes a powerful emotion of passion; it is a symbol of pride and strength.
You can order your water bottle TODAY by calling or emailing the Front Office (email@example.com).